December 7, 2012

Santa Train


Last Saturday we took a trip on the Santa Train.  The train leaves the station in Elbe which is a very small town at the foothills of Mt. Rainer.  It took us about 1 1/2 to get there from our house.  On the train you get to enjoy cookies, hot chocolate, a visit with Santa and enjoy the scenic ride. 

Our tickets to aboard the train. 


The kids really enjoyed sticking their heads out the window and watching things go by.  In my mind I thought the train would be moving a lot faster than it did.  Not sure what I had envisioned but, I mean it really was slow moving....I could have jumped off the train and not hurt myself.  HA HA



Apparently Lucy has a new favorite food. POPCORN!


A visit with the big guy 

On the way to the train Julia said, "Is this going to be the real Santa or a fake one, like at the Ward Christmas Party?  I mean Santa is going to be stuck on a train all day.  Shouldn't he be busy getting all the toys ready?  Maybe his elves are in a boxcar working on toys!" 

As soon as the kids saw Santa and he asked them what they wanted Cameron launched into his list, "Football gloves...youth size medium....."  Mitch and I were dying trying not to laugh!




1 comment: