May 1, 2012

Heart Attack

My Julia is in desperate need of new clothes.  The Gazelle looks like an orphan.  Everything she is wearing does not fit.  It is like trying to keep a weed clothed.  Whew.... 

So today I went to Kohl's to have a look around at some clothes for her.  She is no longer in the little girl section and has moved on up.  This was my first time in the older girl section and I have to say, I almost had a HEART ATTACK.  Seriously.  I texted Mitch and said, "I am HORRIFIED at the clothing options."  The clothes they have for these girls are something a 17 or 18 year old hooker would wear.  This little number is in Julia's size.  Size 8.  Who would let their little girl wear this??  My baby is in first grade! 


I do realize that there are more age appropriate clothes out there and it is just a matter of going to a different store but WOW were my eyes opened.  I feel bad for Jules because she is still so young even though she is so tall.  She still wants the monkey outfits and cute flamingo dresses Natalie is getting.  Growing up can be hard. :)

4 comments:

  1. Gross. I hate slutty kids clothes. Once, before I had kids even, I saw some thongs for little girls at a depertment store and I almost threw up. I can't imagine what kind of hissy fit I am going to throw when I am faced with this for my girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's that the outfit that I bought you for your b-day? lol....welcome to my world. It's called if you find something cute don't even think just buy it. Especially shorts, skirts and dresses. No there will not be something better later on just shorter shorts. :0) Good luck shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be relieved to know when she's in high school and she needs "longs" in her jeans that cheaper stores now make "longs" when I was a teenager they didn't. Poor girl! Being tall is hard! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I go to Kohls I like to play a game while walking through the teen section called " shirt or dress". It's harder then you would imagin.

    ReplyDelete