May 9, 2011

Black and White



Cameron see things very black and white, right and wrong. I love this about him. The right thing to do is easy for him to see. Honest to a fault, the world around him would be a better place if everyone was a little more like him. Lately he has been our family's moral compass keeping us in line:
  • When I keep the water running too long he reminds me that I am wasting water.
  • When Mitch or I get impatient in the car with another driver he has to pointed out that we need to relax.
  • The other day Mitch and I were discussing something that was frustrating that someone had done. Cameron was listening to us and then said, "The things you are saying about the other person aren't very nice, that would hurt his feelings if he heard that."
  • Last week Cam asked me what he should do if the person bringing the snacks for baseball brought everyone a Coke. Should he take it? Because he doesn't drink Coke, it is bad for his body. But would that be rude?
  • He came home from school last week and asked Mitch to start washing the cars on the grass because he learned that when you wash your car the soap goes into the sewer and then into the Puget Sound polluting it.
I could go on and on... but he definitely keeps me on my toes. Being a good example to him has high standards! I hope I can succeed. On Sunday I had the opportunity to teach his primary class. It was so cute to see him answering questions, volunteering to pray, and reading in the scriptures. It is fun to see what a good boy he is turning out to be.

1 comment:

  1. This is how Cam will always look in my mind. He is a good boy, aren't you glad that he is such a good example to his sisters? Give everyone a kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete