December 15, 2009

The Story of the Music Stand



Yes, it is true. All my 6 year old wants for Christmas is not his two front teeth but a music stand. One might question why Cameron might want a music stand for Christmas but as his parent I have learned Cameron has a very unique love for different kinds of things. He wants to "conduct" and when I say that I don't mean conduct music I mean conduct "meetings". He and Julia love to play "Brother Moulton and Sister Wellborn" (They are the 1st counselor in the Bishopric and the Primary Music Leader in our ward). After discussing with Mitch what we wanted to get him for Christmas and what he wanted for Christmas, we decided against the music stand. They are really expensive and not really a six years old boy toy. He wants one that looks like the ones at church, not some flimsy kid one. For a split second we joked about "borrowing" one from the church. After making the decision I was at peace. That was until Cameron starting saying things like, "I know Santa will bring me that music stand," and looking through all the presents that I wrapped looking for ones that might be shaped like a music stand, and one day I found him "finding the perfect spot by his desk where the stand will go" then I knew that my hopes for what I wanted to give him needed to be reconsidered. So...I took back the toys that I knew he would love once he got them but that were not a music stand and ordered online a music stand. So to make a long story short, yes my six year old will get his wish on Christmas morning and a music stand will be waiting by the tree. One might say it is a Christmas miracle!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that Cam is a cute boy. You did the right thing, I hate making those types of decisions. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haahahha what a weirdo :)
    he's a cute weirdo though :)

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mindy,

    Your mom was telling me about this tonight out at Nisbet's party. What a character--a music stand, of all things!

    I hope you don't mind if I check in on your blog from time to time, it's a lot of fun to read!

    ReplyDelete