December 1, 2009

Stick a needle in my eye...or Julia's finger

Today was a traumatic day in the Stuard household.

Around 11:30 this morning Julia and Natalie started fighting over a doll. Natalie push or hit Julia and in retaliation Julia deliberately poked Natalie in the eye. I didn't witness the fight but it wasn't pretty. Natalie wouldn't stop crying and when asking Julia what she did to Natalie she kept saying, "I will tell you what Natalie did to ME first then I will tell you." I never got the whole story of what Natalie did because Julia was sent to her room for a time out before she got to tell her side. I guess I see her point of wanting to tell me what was done to her first. (Disciplining Julia is SO different than Cameron, she does what she is told and goes quietly (well usually) I am never sure if she is punished adequately, without screaming, crying and hysteria like Cam it seems too easy.)

Well after lunch Natalie was still having a hard time seeing so I put her down for a nap hoping when she woke up that her eye would be feeling better. Not the case. After I picked Cameron up from school I dropped the two older kids off at my friend from the ward and took Natalie once again to my favorite spot on earth--Urgent Care! Once again the sign stating that it would be 1 to 2 hours waiting time was up. It took about an hour and 15 to be seen. Natalie would not cooperate with the doctor and had to have 2 nurses and mom hold her down for the Dr to put some dye in her eye so that he could look at it. She didn't go down without a fight and man was she hysterical. Her cornea is scratched...not too bad and should heal in a few days. The Dr. gave me a prescription for eye drops to give her 3 times a day. That should be fun. All in all I am once again grateful it wasn't too serious. Oh I love the days of the urgent care..........................



Going to the Dr. office I told Natalie if she was good and let the Dr. look at her eye that she could get a sucker. So on the way home as she ate her sucker I said to her "Are you going to tell dad you were a good girl at the Dr's and got a sucker?" She said "No, I bad" (she didn't let the Dr. look at her eye, its true.) Kids say the funniest things.

2 comments:

  1. Stop doing that or someone will get their eye poked out! My poor little Nat, hope her eye is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Nats :(

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete