July 2, 2016

Swimming Lessons


These two girls just finished up swimming lessons for the summer.  Lucy was SO excited that she was able to participate and lets face it, I might have been more thrilled that she wasn't sitting by me in the stands.  I really wanted Julia to take one more level of swimming but after last year and the trauma of trying to learn to dive, she REALLY didn't want to. I relented to letting her stay home so it was just Nat and Lucy.  Both  passed their swim classes and are on to the next level.

A couple of months ago I realized that if I wanted Lucy to learn to put her face in the water that I was going to need to get her some prescription googles.  Her eyes are so sensitive.  She wouldn't wear normal googles because she is so blind that she couldn't see a thing out of them.  I found a website online that I was able to order some for her.  The googles were a little funny since they were tinted but that is all that was available.  It worked like a charm though, she was able to see, kept them on and learned to put her face in the water.



One of the greatest things about having older kids is that I was able to leave them home everyday and they didn't have to come with me.  Cameron and Julia came with me a few times after Lucy begged them to come watch her.  We had a little fun with her glasses while she was swimming.



She is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment