February 27, 2014

Mid-Winter Break

Oh what do you do in the winter time, when all the world is wet, raining, freezing, and you can't go outside?....Oh yeah, have "Mid-Winter Break" aka "When mother's lose their sanity"

It seems like this year while the rest of Maple Valley went to Disneyland (I mean literally everyone we know) we stayed home.  I would say we slept in but it was more like I slept in, sat around in our pajamas, played games, stayed up late watching the Olympics, ate, cleaned up messes, fought, and you know burned daylight.  I was actually glad to have a little break from Cameron's homework as it is stressing me out, but that is for another blog post for another day.  We did however work on his science project and a whole lot of scout stuff.  Isn't that what all kids dream of when they think of a break in school?

 Laura sent me this picture someone posted on Facebook about kids science projects.  The only thing that I can add to this is AMEN!


This is a book Cameron had to make to earn his Fitness Activity Badge.  One of the last things he needed to do before he earns his Webelos badge.  We had a good laugh.  I know you wish you had a very important book of very important information too!


At the end of the week the Cameron, Julia, and Natalie got to spend the night at Grandma Stuard's house and Lucy at Grandma Swany's.  Mitch and I had a whole 24 hours kid free where we went out to dinner, slept in and went to every store we could think of that we didn't want to take kids to.  It was a nice 14th anniversary celebration.  The kids had a great time and it was a nice ending to the week.  Thank you Grandpas and Grandmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment