November 10, 2011

Going Ons

Cameron said to me the other day:  "Mom being the owner of a baby is A LOT of work isn't it?...  I told him "you know Cam, it really is"











Mitch made the kids "grumpest charts."  If  you are being grumpy or doing something that you shouldn't you get a check on your grumpest chart.  When the chart is full then a consequence that is not fun happens.  Cameron got his first check yesterday for hurting his sister.  As you can see he didn't "respond well" to the check and then got another check for ripping his grumpest chart off the wall.  I think the idea is working well...HA.


Julia brought home a cute self picture of herself that was hanging in her classroom. She decided to hang in on her bedroom door when she got home. When I went to bed last night I saw she modified her drawing to exclude Natalie. Nice. Isn't that what sisters do?



I asked Julia how school is going and who she has been sitting by at lunch and who she is playing with at recess.  When I asked if she played with a certain friend at recess she said, "well not too much, she likes to chase boys at recess and I am really not into that!"  When did my six year old turn into a sixteen year old? 


Natalie asked me the why my stomach looks like there is a baby inside when the baby is out.  She also told me that it felt like a trampoline.  Aren't kids brutally honest? 

I am still taking it really easy and not doing much except feeding and holding baby while life is swirling around us. Julia asked me today if I am ever going to make dinner for the family again. I think the novelty of mom being out of commission is starting to get really old for every one. Thank you to all those who have helped us out in the past two weeks. We really appreciate all that you have done!  Hopefully in the next little while my blood count will be a little higher and I will have more energy.  I think I am on my way...I  have a little more color in my face than the pale white ghost that left the hospital.


 Lucy today.  What a cutie!

2 comments:

  1. I need to kiss that baby, this is just not fair. The chart thing is hilarious. Well, hilarious for me, probably not so much for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kids are looking huge, and we saw them not to long ago. I also want to kiss that baby and kiersti's....not fair.

    ReplyDelete