October 24, 2017

Proud

So much to catch up on not even sure where to start. To say that life has been BUSY the last few months, like 100 mph every day, is a bit of an understatement.  Things are not too bad and then BANG the kids get out of school each day and that starts a marathon of activities that leaves Mitch and I dead tired each night and amazed that the two of us pulled off another day of CRAZY!  The other night we were reflecting on the accomplishments of each of the kids these past few months we couldn't be more proud of them.  Each of them has done some amazing things since school has started.


This GUY!  I mean don't get me started.  FRESHMAN!  He trained hard all summer and this fall he started his first season ever of cross country.  His team is extremely good and we told Cameron ahead of time that for a boy to be on varsity with a team like this it was going to be pretty darn hard to impossible.  That being said he has run so awesome this season.  There are 10 boys that are fighting to take 7 varsity spots.  Of those spots 4 of them are pretty clear leaving 3 up for grabs.  Each week, it has been a dog fight for him to find a place on varsity for the next week.  With the last two meets of the season, the coach told the kids that these two races would decide who would be on varsity for league, districts, and state.  Cam ran his GUTS out and earned a spot on the varsity team.  It has been HIGH stress and Cameron seems to take it all in stride.  It has totally stressed me out, though!! HOLY COW.  This weekend is districts and next is state.  Can't wait to see how this goes! Go Bears!!



And by the way...the mom in me has to say, he is so handsome in his uniform!


My Jules!!  This girl tried out for the volleyball team on the first day of school.  What a scary thing to do.  She made the team and has been a starter for the Maple View Middle School team the whole season. She has gotten better and better each week.  Overhand serving is her nemesis but is practicing, practicing, practicing.  Her cheerful attitude is so fun.  Everyday she gets home and is all smiles.  She is so happy about everything.  It is refreshing!  She got braces and started in a new school this year that is huge, and is fully engaged in Young Womens.  She takes it all in stride.  Her schedule is busy, busy busy.  We are still getting use to having Julia have so many things each day going on.


On the downside for Mitch and I...she looks about 16 in her uniform!


Natters, Natters, Natters....

Natalie was in the school play, Treasure Island last week, she was Mother Hawkins.  She got a big part this year and was EXCITED.  She had over 30 lines and worked so hard learning and memorizing her part.  She was seriously the cutest.  She has also filled out an application to be on the "Leadership team" at school and is hoping to hear back soon. She is in zero hour volleyball and is starting rec volleyball this week. I love that each of these kids has been trying things that are scary and hard.  They are such examples to me.  I don't think I could have done that play, no way!



Lucy is living the Kindergarten dream and loving every minute of it.  She is reading and is getting really good.  She comes home everyday ready to play school and spends hours teaching her dolls and stuffed animals everything she learned that day at school. She also has been playing on a soccer team this fall.  She loved the fact that the shirt matched her glasses and her team is called the "Stars."  Lucy is the last glimpse of a small child left in our house.  The other day we were buying her a toy for her birthday and were getting a little nostalgic about how we don't go into the toy section every much anymore.  These day when I am walking with my kids, I look around and see people the same height as me not my little babies.  Thank heavens for my Lucy Baby, even though she isn't much of a baby and is turning 6 on Thursday.


Oh...and we got a kitten...  Meet Tate....
He and I are in the "adjustment" phase of our relationship.  I will leave it at that. 


2 comments:

  1. This brings tears to my eyes! I'm proud of them too.

    Grandma Swany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I am so proud of Tate!! Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete